One, Two, three…one, two, three…one, two, three… from the waltz to Ke$ha’s Tik Tok, we are surrounded by songs. In our iPhones, in elevators, in the background on tv, even in our heads. To list just three songs that are significant in my life would be insufficient, even a dozen wouldn’t be enough.For every place, every occasion, every mood, there is another song. Certain songs remind me of where I’ve been and people I’ve met, while others make me think of what the future brings. Still others get me ready to hit the town or calm me down to write a French paper.
Instead of writing about three songs, here’s a list!
- Feeling Good by Michael Bublé
- Place de la République by Cœur de Pirate
- Take On Me by A-ha
- One World sung by Celtic Thunder
- Lauren and I sung by Keith Harken (Celtic Thunder)
- I’ll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday
- Marlene by Noir Désir
- April in Paris sung by Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong
- Je ne veux pas travailler by Pink Martini
- I Hate Sleeping Alone by Drake
- Hero/Heroine by Boys Like Girls
- Ride by SoMoo
- Beyond the Sea sung by Bobby Darren
- Ai se eu te pego by Michel Teló
- Galway Girl sung by Mumford and Sons
- Timber by Pitbull
- Tik Tok by Ke$ha
- and the soundtracks from Midnight in Paris and and DISNEY movie ever made!